Friday, June 24, 2011

A New "Toy" - Enter the Sandbag Era

I put together a a sandbag, and just HAD to put it to good use tonight. So, I threw this baby together:

"Sand Bag Chipper"

21 Pull-Ups
21 Sand Bag (SB) Burpees
21 Double-Unders
21 SB Squats
21 KB Swings 1.5 pood
21 SB Cleans
21 Sit-Ups
21 SB Press
21 Push-Ups
21 SB Front Squats

*This WOD is performed in two locations. After every exercise, run 50m with the sand bag to the other location.


This WOD was surprising to me because I didn't think that it'd be as tough as it was. Sandbag WODs are funny because  everytime you pick up the bag, the weight distribution is completely different! For example, on the front squats, most of the weight was on the right arm - until I dropped, then it all moved to the center of the bag.

All in all, I liked it, and I'm definitely going to use sand bag training more often. The funny thing is that I really don't know how much the bag weighs! I've estimated that it's anywhere between 80 and 110lbs. She's a bear regardless of how much she weighs.


A bag, a ball, and an extra 25#

The clip's on there to show the gynormous-ness.

















Here's a sandbag burpie demo.. I've seen about a dozen variations, but this was the range of motion I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment