Saturday, January 14, 2012

Box Jump, Skill Work / Triplet

Two WODs today

Skill work

I started by working on shouldering atlas stones. I find that I have a natural tenancy to place the stone on my right shoulder, so I alternated shoulders, and attempted to decrease time between reps.

I also worked on tying multiple muscle-ups together - specifically maintaining the false grip when beginning multiple reps. To avoid muscle fatigue, I worked off of the floor, into a muscle-up, then back down.

Lastly, I worked on proper form on box jumps - specifically tying multiple jumps together quickly (while maintaining proper form). After I finished, I searched for my max height on the box jump - and received a nasty blow to my shin. (I left pics at the bottom)


This shows alternating, but a proper atlas stone "shouldered" is placed on the shoulder - under control and with a lack of momentum.



The proper box jump is one where you can stop at the top of the box, and stand straight up at the top (no pushing off when your feet touch the top).

Evening WOD

I wanted a basic WOD, and wanted to stay away from anything that would smash my shin.

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 of:

Squats
Pullups
Knees to Elbows

for time.

I wanted to do L-pullups through the entire WOD, but started feeling tears, so I switched to any type of pullup after about the third round. This wasn't bad, It was more muscle fatigue, than getting totally gassed.


No comments:

Post a Comment