Saturday, December 15, 2012

Competition Day at Blackhills Crossfit

Competition day!

I got adjusted, cracked, trained, and rested. I felt pretty good going in. It's a team competition. I felt pretty good going in. I was paired with a girl that was pretty new, but we still did alright.

WOD 1:

12 min AMRAP
3,6,9... of:

Deadlifts 165#
Bar Facing Burpees 
*Only one partner may work at a time, each must finish a round before moving on.

WOD 2:

3 minutes power cleans
2 minutes rest
3 minutes front squats
2 minutes rest
3 minutes barbell shoulder-to-overhead
*The team’s score is the total power output (weight X reps).
*Each partner gets a barbell. Only one partner may be working at a time. *One of the team’s barbells must be on the floor at all times. 

We made it to the semis, which means we were able to "enjoy" the third workout.

WOD 3:
For time: 
Add caption

1000m row
100 double unders
50 kb swings (55/35)
50 jumps over the box (24/20)
40 chest to bar pullups
40 wallballs (20/14 both to 10′ line)
30 toes to bar
30 overhead squats (95/65)
20 handstand pushups
20 kb swings (70/55)
10 clean and jerks (185/125)
10 snatches (135/95)
* 20 minute time cap.
* Both partners may work at the same time. 
* The partners may work on different tasks at the same time.
* The tasks may be performed in any order. 
* The athlete must complete a task in its entirety before moving on. 

I felt good. I liked the WODs, and felt like I did alright. I still wasn't 100%, and I could've probably done better with a more "hand chosen" partner, but we made the top 1/3, so I'll take it!







Me on the ride home.. haha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment